Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Beginning

***********************************************************************************
In my other blog, "It's Always Something", I happened to mention my late husband, jazz cornetist, Pete Daily, and told a few tales about incidents in our life together. People have shown great interest and have encouraged me to tell them more about him and I realized that I have been wanting a platform to do that for ages. However, I really think Pete deserves a blog of his own..........I just never thought of creating one until now, so without further ado, here it is.  Hint:  click on the page image to enlarge to reading size.
***********************************************************************************



The above is page 1 of a bio that I wrote about Pete in 1981 for an occasion in which a Jazz club honored him as Jazzman of the year.
At the time Pete was in terrible shape, in a wheelchair, unable to speak, the victim of a very bad stroke, but we attended the huge celebration and he loved it.  I think the loyalty and love of his fans helped him to improve and survive for another 5 years during which we also traveelled to the Sacramento Jazz Festival to be honored as Emperor (and empress.....get that) of Jazz and to many other jazz festivals and concerts.

I pulled this page off of my computer and see that it is in reduced form so I will have to work on getting it restored to proper size before I publish the rest of it.  Meanwhile, I just discovered that if you click on the image it will enlarge it to readable size. 

4 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you are creating a tribute for your husband here. I intend to do something similar for my dad when I figure out what to do exactly. My husband's Dad was/is a very good jazz drummer and vocalist in England. I know he played with a lot of the greats and is heading to his 81st birthday this year. I shall enjoy reading and following your new blog, I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this; I look forward to reading about Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful that you have created a blog for your husband.

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does this mean we'll have to start calling you Empress Lo? Love it!

    ReplyDelete